Application and entire agreement
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the provision of the services detailed in our quotation (Services) by Atlas Removals & Handyman Ltd. A company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at 42 Anthony Road, London, UB6 8HF (we or us) to the person buying services (you).
- You are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions when you accept our quotation or from the date of any performance of the Services (whichever happens earlier) and these Terms and Conditions and our quotation (the Contract) are the entire agreement between us.
- By accepting the Contract you declare that goods to be moved are your own property or you have been given authority by a person(s) who own goods or property and them aware of these conditions.
- If you do not comply with clause 3, we can terminate the Services.
- We are not liable for any delay or failure to provide the Services if this is caused by your own failure to comply with the provisions of this section (Your Obligations).
- The fees (Fees) for the Services are out in the quotation and on time and materials basis.
- In addition to the Fees, we can recover from you:
- a) Reasonable incidental expenses including, but not limited to, traveling expenses, hotel costs, and any associated expenses
- b) The cost of services provided by third parties and required by us for the performance of the Services
- c) The cost of any materials required for the provision of the Services.
- You must pay us for any additional services provided by us that are not specified in the quotation in accordance with our then current, applicable rate in effect at the time of performance or such other rate as may be agreed between us. The provisions of clause 7 also apply to these additional services.
- We will invoice you for payment of the Fees either:
- When we completed the Services, or
- On the invoice dates set out in the quotation.
- Time for payment shall be of the essence of the Contract.
- For all hourly removals, the minimum booking payment of two hours applied.
- For all fixed price Contracts 30% advanced payment/deposit required.
- Fees do not include VAT.
Cancellation and changes
- We can withdraw, cancel or change a quotation if it has not been accepted by you, or if Services have not been started, within a period of agreed days from the date of the quotation, (unless quotation has been withdrawn).
- If you want to change any details of the Services you must tell us in writing as soon as possible. We will use reasonable actions to make any required changes and additional cost will be included in the Fees and Invoiced to you.
- If due to circumstances beyond our control, including those set out in the clause below (Circumstances beyond a party’s control), we have to make any change in the Services or how they are provided, we will notify you immediately. We will use reasonable actions to keep any such changes to a minimum.
- The cancellation notice was given:
- In more than 48 hours before the Services: No charge.
- If less than 48 hours: 50% of the deposit.
- If less than 24 hours: 100% of deposit.
Circumstances beyond party’s control
- Neither of us is liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where such failure or delay reresultingrom any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms and earthquakes, act of terrorism, act of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question.
- It will be your sole responsibility to:
- Arrange at your own expense, all documents, permits for parking or visitor permits or vouchers or relevant change for the parking meters, permissions, licenses and any other documents necessary for the removal to be completed. This includes reserving a suitable parking place/suspension bay within close proximity for our vehicle(s).
- Be present or represented during collection and delivery of the removal. We are not responsible for any goods if location or property is left unattended.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and nothing taken away by mistake.
- We warrant that we will use reasonable care and skill in our performance of the Services which will comply with the quotation, including any specification in all material respect. We can make any changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement and we will notify you if this is necessary.
- We will use our reasonable actions to complete the performance of the Services within the time agreed or as set out in the quotation, however, time shall not be of the essence in the performance of our Services.
- All of these Terms and Conditions apply to the supply of any goods as well as Services unless we specify otherwise.
- Work not included in the Contract unless agreed by us in writing,
We will not:
- Disconnect, reconnect, dismantle or reassemble appliances or equipment.
- Remove or lay fitted floor covers.
- Removing items from the loft, unless properly floored and safe access provided.
- Atlas Removals & Handyman Ltd fully insured as domestic and commercial removal company with fully comprehensive transit insurance and additional goods in transit insurance.